[RC2] Jack Builds a Techbase (4 maps, -cl21)
We've been working on this with @Benchy for a while and it's finally time to unleash it. This is a standalone release of a map we made for the Balls of Steel Community project, but with a couple additional maps and flare.
Be warned that this is made to be a pretty niche wad, the phrase "set of challenging maps" gets thrown around a lot these days, but this one takes a slightly different approach where the difficulty mainly doesn't come from the encounters themselves being tuned to a high difficulty, it comes more from unfriendliness to blind players, from punishing the slightest errors and from not being clear in what exactly the map wants you to do.
Currently only tested on DSDA-Doom, but it should work on versions of GZDoom that support MBF21.
- MAP01: Brick by Brick
- MAP02: Processing Station
- MAP03: Jack Builds a Techbase
- MAP04: Unravelled Creation (gameplay-less epilogue)
- MAP31: Toxic Tide
- Title: "Talking 2" from Stonekeep
- Intermission: "Guess We Are Fighting Cyberdemons" by MegaSphere
- MAP01: Equinox MAP13 theme
- MAP02: "Lurking the Stranger's House" (bespoke track)
- MAP03: "Palace of Shadows" from Stonekeep
- MAP04: MIDI rendition of "Exogenesis: Symphony Part III (Redemption)" by Muse
- MAP31: MIDI rendition of "Circus Bells" by Robert Armani
Cool stuff, had already played in boscp but it was nice to take it for another spin. Map03 still feels where the real meat is, tbh the other maps (especially 02) feel a bit 'undercooked' by comparison but that's probably just because they sit right next to the 03 behemoth. Neat floor tricks in the epilogue.
@Thelokk Thank you. Yeah, MAP03 is meant to be the real meat, the rest is just flavour, if they were as much of a magnum opus, that would take away from the main event rather than add to it.
Also, RC2 did done duploaded.