flavor.wad | spice mod focused on Woof! and DSDA-DOOM
Dusk-Iv last edited by Dusk-Iv
At the request of and with help from @MattFright I started a small mod to make simple visual additions to DOOM, using some MBF21 features to help add some flavor to the game. It has some features taken from projects we're collaborating on for DOOM UNIVERSE, and as such I'm posting it here first.
This mod will technically run on anything that supports MBF21 but Woof and DSDA-DOOM are where it looks best!
- Better plasma rifle sound.
- Color palette for nicer tones.
- Smoke particles for inflight rockets and small plasma particles for the plasma rifle and BFG projectiles.
- Better sprites for the armor bonuses.
- Animated keys.
- Most importantly, temporary but abundant blood on the floor when shooting enemies, enjoy the carnage! (colored blood added for dsda-doom)
This wad is designed for complevel 21, playing on lower complevels is possible but most effects won't work, it is also recommended to load the wad before other wads you may want to play with it! But if you encounter any issues, try loading it at the end.
Download includes flavor.wad and flavorbig.wad, flavorbig.wad includes 2 different type of blood splats while flavor.wad has only 1, the other 2 files are dsdhacked specific versions, which don't serve much purpose right now but may have better compatibility with future things...
Try em out! Hope you have fun.
MattFright last edited by MattFright
I can confirm this mod is pretty nice, Dusk did a great job at it
I do hope more people give it a try!!
Shibainumaster last edited by
Damn , doesn't even require GZdoom. Top notch.
segfault last edited by
This shit rules