Obsidian Level Generator - A continuation of Oblige + ObAddon
- Reworked GUI, with window resizing, sliders, checkboxes, and customizable themes
- "Surprise Me" options to randomize settings
- UDMF map output for supported engines
- Basic support added or restored for Chex Quest 3, HacX 1.2, Harmony, Hexen and Strife
- Bundled SLUMP map generator to produce maps compatible with vanilla Doom limits
- Migration from Lua to LuaJIT for improved generation speeds
- Improved random number generator with 64-bit seeds and number output
- Ability to use strings as seeds for the RNG, or have random words selected for you
- Improved support for alternate locales (accents in Windows file paths, translation templates , etc.)
- Near-complete Russian translation file out-of-the-box
- First-run tutorial for new users
- Optional PK3/ZIP compression of output
Precompiled 32 and 64-bit Windows packages can be found on our Releases page; compilation instructions are provided for Linux and BSD users. At the moment, I recommend the V20 "Unstable" release...despite the name, it is soon to become the current Stable release.
segfault last edited by
Neat! I'll have to play with this sometime.
Dusk-Iv last edited by
I remember playing some Zandronum servers that ran maps generated with Obsidian and ObAddon, they actually got pretty fun! It's worth it to play around with it for at least a little.
Gibbon last edited by
I’m definitely gonna be giving this a spin. Love a good bit of Oblige stuff.
We're already working on the Obsidian 21 roadmap, which should have among other things UDMF-formatted prefabs. This would open up a lot of possibilities for supported ports. I'd like to see Quake and Duke Nukem reach a basic level of support. The program can TECHNICALLY create maps for them right now, but the quality is nowhere good enough to expose to the end user yet.