Obsidian is a fork of the last release of Oblige Level Maker, combined with the community content pack formerly known as ObAddon. Notable changes/improvements to Oblige include:
- Reworked GUI, with window resizing, sliders, checkboxes, and customizable themes
- "Surprise Me" options to randomize settings
- UDMF map output for supported engines
- Basic support added or restored for Chex Quest 3, HacX 1.2, Harmony, Hexen and Strife
- Integrations of previous versions of Oblige for map layout variety and additional game support (i.e., Wolfenstein 3-D)
- Bundled SLUMP map generator to produce maps compatible with vanilla Doom limits
- Migration from Lua to LuaJIT for improved generation speeds
- Improved random number generator with 64-bit seeds and number output
- Ability to use strings as seeds for the RNG, or have random words selected for you
- Improved support for alternate locales (accents in Windows file paths, translation templates , etc.)
- Near-complete Russian translation file out-of-the-box
- First-run tutorial for new users
- Optional PK3/ZIP compression of output
Precompiled 32 and 64-bit Windows packages can be found on our Downloads page; compilation instructions are provided for Linux, BSD and Haiku OS users.
Support can be found on either our Discord or our GitHub Issue Tracker.