HardBoiled - Spetsnaz
First of all, this mod requiring GZDoom source-port of version 4.8.0 or higher due to some ZScript code fragments.
Allow me to present my crooked handmade weapon pack that was made with big help of fellow Doomer from RDC - DoomStalker. I am very gratitude towards him for his hard work, 'cause I am just not so well mapper & poor modder. He made it project to be real.
Mod itself - a weapon pack that also replacing all gatherable items to new ones (I wanted to play on the feeling of something new). I think that new items have a good resonance with weapons. After all, I just wanted to add some fleur from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Many potential players can be scared off by balance of these guns (especially, chainsaw and rocket launcher), so I wanna warn big fans of vanilla, that there is some lovers of chocolate with taste of mud. At least, I wanted player to have some trump-card in his sleeve if everything is insanely sad. After all, I can do some nerfs if things very bad.
Slot №1 - CQC
Damage: 15 or 30 (depending of active fist (yay, some gacha in my Doom)). With "Ozverin" damage multiplying form x2 or even x4.
If everything is bad, it's always good to punch your enemy in the face, right?
Damage is high, but this is still very risky to run with bare fists.
Slot №1 - "Druzhba" Chainsaw
Damage: From 10 to 30. There is also a 5% chance to make surroundings enemies panic for 1.5 seconds.
Long time ago it was used to saw trees and after Earth's fall it used to saw demons and imps.
Again, damage is high, but there is a 0.5 seconds delay before ready state (due chainsaw's starting sequence). Don't be afraid, 'cause this weapon is lower in priority, so you always have CQC first to make your maneuvers clear. Also there is still very dangerous to saw cacodemon or baron of hell.
Slot №2 - TT
TT was always more reliable than karate. He-he...
Without jokes, this is very good starting weapon and spare way, when your primary weapon's magazine is empty. Also it has good accuracy.
Slot №3 - TOZ-34
Damage: 8 pellets with 10.
Is hunting season for pinky demons are open? For imps too. And against lost souls this grandpa's TOZ is not bad.
There is nice accuracy of firing, but this may be intense to shoot at "spongy" enemies.
Slot №3 - Saiga-12
Damage: 8 pellets with 10.
If only two barrels with two shots for you isn't enough, there is a nice pet with magazine for eight shots. Damage are the same (in comparison with double barrel shotgun) and accuracy is worse, but with this no baron of hell is scary!
Slot №4 - AKM
It is less accurate than TT and damage is lower, but it's compensated very well by high rate of fire.
Nice candidate for firing on the middle distance. Good thing, that chaingunners have many of these.
Slot №5 - RPG-7
Damage: 500 in radius about 1.5 meter.
I can say that might of this "Tsar Cannon" can be compared to BFG-9000. This is very dangerous to shoot from this dong without checking out what is placed near your own nose.
From one point of view I want to make damage smaller along with radius, but from another point of view I am really like that kind of power in my hands.
Slot №6 - SVD
Damage: 100 with delay of 0.5 seconds between every shot.
This is ideal weapon for hunting down "spongy" enemies, but if you have very many ammo, then you can shot smaller prey as well (like imps and chaingunners).
By the way, you should bind your keys for "Weapon State 1" & "Weapon State 2" functions, 'cause along with scoping in PSO-1 on "Alternative Fire" function there is ability to change zooming factor as well.
Slot №7 - UKM-2000
There is a variation of PKM for caliber other than 7.62x54mm R! And this is Polish UKM-2000.
Maybe this is an dubious replacement of BFG-9000, but this beast can gun down "bulls" straight to the grave!
Cold vodka will heal your wounds (not only mental) and delicious canned meat gonna strengthen your skin.
Vitamins not gonna be as good, as personal medkit.
There is big chance that you will find old light coat, but there is also some chance to find something better in the hidden stashes.
There is some OZK for hazardous areas, backpack, that is full of ammo, computer with some "Google.Maps" installed on, night vision goggles and "Ozverin" (don't overdose with it).
There is some rumors that besides inhabitants from Hell on Earth there is some mysterious objects are appeared. Some people said that they now are very healthy (like bull), some people said about their iron skin and there is also witnesses of invisible & invulnerable humans.
Sometimes you will find a closed door, that can be opened via keycards and strange heads, that may be from aliens. Believe or not, but closed door is closed door.
You can download this crooked mess here. File has weight around 7 megabytes and laying down on the "Google.Drive" file storage.
- Mods developers team TC "The AMC Squad" for EDuke32 source-port and especially
for their sprite artist SebabDukeBoss20 for dope sprites of hands & guns.
- Mods developers team AMK Team for graphics that was used for muzzleflashes and for casings.
- Mods developers team GUNSLINGER Team for graphics that was used for blood decals.
- User DoomStalker for priceless help and his work with sprites
- User JSO_x for testing.
- User PhantomBeta for proper reloading code fragment
- User Sgt. Mark IV for old-good model of tracer, which beloved by the present day.
- User HorrorMovieRei for graphics of sparks that was used in chainsaw.
- User RicardoLuis0 for help with understanding difference between A_FireProjectile & A_SpawnProjectile functions.
- User HellCattX for casings codebase.
- User Agent Ash for consulting about bouncing casings, about proper zooming in/out of PSO-1 and about custom HUD on ZScript. Beside all of that, his old mod from 2011 "Russian Arsenal Revised" was my main source of inspiration while creating this mod.
- User Weasel for help with understanding logic of custom HUD.
- User Boondorl help with proper zooming in/out of PSO-1.
- User Marisa for help with working "Ozverin" with CQC.
- User Iretuerye for graphics of PSO-1.
- User Cr3pis for graphics of items.
- Company Epic Games for sounds from "Unreal Tournament", which was used for chainsaw and for picking up various items.
- Company Valve for sounds from "Half-Life", which was used for chainsaw and for picking up various items.
- Company ID Software for sounds from "Doom 3", which was used for chainsaw and for picking up various items.
- Company Croteam for sounds from "Serious Sam", which was used for picking up various items.
- Company GSC Game World from graphics from "S.T.A.L.K.E.R." trilogy, which was used for bulletholes decals and blood splashes.
- Company Remedy Entertainment for sounds from "Max Payne", which was used for CQC and for mission starting/completing.
- Company Battlestate Games for sounds from "Escape From Tarkov", which was used for falling casings.
- Mods developers team TC "The AMC Squad" for EDuke32 source-port and especially
Tonight small update was released.
Here is a changelog:
- One disgusting bug was squished (I hope). It used to lead the game's client to VM abortion.
- PSO-1 is bright in the pure darkness. Enjoy your nice optics.
- TOZ-34 can make a double fire via "AltFire".
- Guns have not only recoil, but some proper impact as well. This is "CS:GO" now?
- Chainsaw have alternative sprite for sparks.
- Casings are good lookin' from the upper view and they also are ejecting more chaotically.
- Tracer not gonna "die" from the impact with "solid" decorations.
- And there was some screwing around with damage. CQC, chainsaw, Saiga-12 and SVD was not touched. Here is the guns that was changed a bit:
TT: Damage was decreased from 20 to 10. I mean, this is a sidearm and beginning weapon, after all.
TOZ-34: Damage was changed from 8 x 10 to 8 x 5-15. Now it is like Doom's shotgun, but more mighty?
AKM: Damage was increased from 10 to 20. Now this is a nice weapon with recoil strong enough to not make it too OP (I hope).
RPG-7: Damage was decreased from 500 to 250. Also radius was lowered from 128-192 to 96-192.
UKM-2000: Damage was decreased from 50 to 30. That "beast" was strong enough already.
Because the edition of 1st post in the thread here is kinda messed up, here is the link for the updated version.
Very nice! First mapset I thought to use this with is Bloody steel. The pistol and the UKM-2000's reload animations feel kind of static compared to everything else. I do like the chainsaw graphics and animation, but maybe the hand could use similar subpixel animation like the chainsaw does during use.
I decided to update audiovisual part of this mod.
Here what was changed:
- Firing sounds of TT, TOZ-34 and Saiga-12.
- Sounds of RPG-7 missile explosion was changed too.
- Hi-Res version of casings sprites was added.
- SVD now not gonna fly in the open space while shooting with PSO-1 scope.
- Damage of TT was changed from 10 to 10-15, 'cause that weapon was too sad.
- Damage of UKM-2000 was increased from 30 to 40, but fire rate was slowed down.
Because I can't edit my own OP-post, here is the link for the updated version.
Here is a small hotfix:
- Fixed a problem that led GZDoom to infinite loop that caused a instant freeze of source-port. It was related to RPG-7 with "empty magazine".
Here is a link to latest version of this mod...
It's updatin' time:
- Fixed wrong behavior of empty AKM & UKM-2000, so now you are gonna miss that infinite clicking ASMR.
- Now missiles from RPG-7 can deal all 250 damage points to the Cyberdemon and Spiderdemon, along with any enemy and/or boss that has some immunity to the radius damage.
- I've tried (yes, again) to fix this damned HUD. Now (I hope) ammo icon not gonna jump all over the screen and now it has one particular spot.
Here you go: Link to latest version of this mod.
- Visually there is nothing new. Just replaced ACS-functions of music cues to ZScript event handlers.
You can download latest version of mod here.
Today I decided to catch some bugs and make some changes:
- Deleted HiRes versions of casing sprites. I don't like them anymore.
- For avoidance of conflicts with other mods, I changed name of tracer's sprite, model and its texture.
- Fixed armor, that was given to the player by "FireBall" artefact.
- Also fixed armor, that was given by using some cheat-codes (you dirty hacker).
- Because of two points above, player's module was converted from Decorate to ZScript.
- Deleted random of TOZ-34's damage. Goodbye 40-120 damage and all hail fixed 80 damage by 1 barrel!
- Fixed reloading of TOZ-34. There was a strange behavior, where this gun was with both empty barrels and player had only 1 ammo left in his pockets. No all is OK (I hope).
- Greatly reduced spread of TT's fire. This little ferret gonna be more handy now.
Hey! Grab this stuff here!
Don't mind small changes:
- Updated damage of TT from Random(10,15) to just 15.
- Updated damage of TOZ-34 from 80 to 120 due to time it gets to reload.
- Added keybinds sections to the controls options menu, so new players gonna knew about PSO-1 and its possibilities.
Here you go, as usual...
I wanted to add some bells & whistles from my newer weapon packs long time ago...
- Updated bulletholes, since they now gonna be really hot and get cold from time to time.
- Updated impact VFX for bullets. Enjoy some sparks and dust clouds, I guess.
- Added tossed linkers for UKM-2000.
- Added decorative empty mags for TT, Saiga-12, AKM, SVD and UKM-2000. Yay! More junk to the battlefield!
- Added distant sounds for explosions of PG-7V missile and grenade. Wait, what?
- Added ability to quick kick. I suggest key [Q]. With berserk you gonna one-kick Imp with 100% probability.
- Added ability to quick grenade toss. I suggest key [G]. From start you can carry 5. With backpack you can carry 10. Search for it near single PG-7V missiles. It has 10% chance to appear.
Here is a link to the latest version...