Pandora 64 - Shovelware Inspired Megawad (again)
So for those who don’t know, Pandora was a shovelware inspired megawad (35 maps) for Doom 2, designed to either annoy you or give you nostalgia for those CD’s you picked up in the mid 90’s with terrible levels.
The original is here: pandora_22.zip
Well, Doom64 missed all that loving, it only got the cool stuff. So since Pandora is now done, I’ll introduce Pandora 64!
- Remaster is the primary port to focus on as it will work on EX-Plus if it works on that.
- No HOMS or tutti’s are available in D64 so maps have to be even more annoying to compensate. But still beatable and completable without cheats.
- Custom midis allowed.
- Maps should be beatable for pistol starters.
I’ll handle the MAPINFO lump and MAP01. The rest is up for grabs including menu graphics etc..
Once you have posted a slot number, consider it yours, even if I haven’t added it immediately, as long as it wasn’t claimed by someone else first.
Ok, the main part!
How to get started mapping for it?
- Get the N64 ROM (if you ever owned it in the past, then it is legal to do so)
- Buy the Remaster from Nightdive
- Get DoomBuilder64: https://github.com/thekovic/DoomBuilder64/releases
- Make Awesome Stuff!
- You may need a source port.
Pandora 64 will support 2 source ports.
- Official Remaster
- Mine Doom 64 EX-Plus: https://github.com/atsb/Doom64EX-Plus
Deadline? 12 months from now (July 30th 2023). This gives people enough time to get to grips with it and have a WAD with no rush. However if it is ready before that time then it will be released early.
MAP01 - GIBBON
MAP03 - AtomicFrog
MAP11 - Kovic
MAP17 - Immorpher
MAP18 - LadyMistDragon
MAP19 - United Virus X
MAP20 - United VirusX
MAP21 - Dusty Rhodes
MAP22 - United Virus X and Immorpher
MAP23 - Blue Thunder